Those who have been a part of our company know the story: Miss Jen started teaching and directing her high school theatre department when she was 15. Because of that experience, Illuminate has always had a strong internship program, which spans everything from backstage to administrative to onstage to fundraising. Interns are everywhere at Illuminate, and it’s safe to say that we are nowhere without them. Thank you to the #internsofilluminate who have cleaned up after rehearsals, demonstrated ridiculous theatre games to a noisy crowd of 8-year-old actors, set up chairs and tables, written grant applications, worked on set and light designs, directed shows, and so much more!
Supported by professionals, interns are given tasks according to their schedule and abilities. They can choose to participate as class assistants and work their way up to student teaching entire classes!
Now accepting intern applications for 2023-2024! The following internships are available…
- Assistant Director(s) of the Mainstage – High School
- Assistant Director(s) of the Mainstage – Middle School
- Assistant Director(s) of the Junior Production
- Stage Managers for all productions
- Light Designers for all productions
- Set designers for all productions
- Writing interns (writing scripts for the junior production and other smaller workshops throughout the year)
- Dance interns (for classes and choreography)
- High Notes choir interns
- and more!